As a thank you to the brave men and woman who serve our country, we want to send ....25,000 thank you letters from San Diego (that’s YOU) to our troops! This Holiday Season, over 170,000 men and women in the U.S. military will be deployed overseas. That's 170,000 families that won't get to share turkey, exchange gifts, and spend time together.
It's Kramer and Geena's BIG Thank You, and being a part of it couldn't be easier!
Take a few minutes to do one of the following:
- write an e-mail (which we will print and send) *deadline November 16, 2018
- write a handwritten thank you letter then drop it off at any SDCCU branch.
You can also drop off or mail your letters to the Channel 933 studios Monday - Friday 8:30a-5:30 p (9660 Granite Ridge Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123)
Meet Kramer and Geena at these special "BIG Thank You" SDCCU events:
- 11/13 from 3-5pm – SDCCU Mission Valley - 2245 Fenton Parkway, San Diego
- 11/14 from 3-5pm – SDCCU Rancho Bernardo – 11965 Bernardo Plaza Drive, Rancho Bernardo
- 11/15 from 3-5pm – SDCCU San Ysidro – 2036 Dairy Mart Road, San Ysidro
What should I write?
Anything! There's no wrong answer for your thank you note. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start with "Dear Service Person", "Dear Patriot", "Dear Brave One", or your own greeting. Avoid "Dear Soldier", "Dear Marine" or "Dear Sailor" as these are specific military branches, and we cannot guarantee that your letter will be going to that service.
- Say thank you for their service, dedication, sacrifice, hard work and time away from home.
- How does their service affect your life? (Keeping your family safe, provides protection for our country, gives you the ability to spend the holidays safely with your family.)
- Write about yourself. We've heard from service persons who say that hearing a little about who they are serving helps put into perspective the importance of their service.
- Avoid any political commentary.
- Feel free to include your e-mail address if you would like to hear back from your service person.
- Kids can draw a picture!
Feel free to download one of our templates to get started!
Be sure to follow these rules:
- 8.5x11 or smaller.
- No photocopies.
- Be positive. Be kind and uplifting.
- No glitters.
- No envelopes.
- Handwritten letters only, no store-bought cards.
- Do not attach food.
- If submitting multiple letters, please specify how many letters you are submitting.
Help this BIG project become even bigger by getting your office, your kids school, church or group involved. For group submissions, please bundle your letters in groups of 50, 100, or 250 with 2 rubber bands (one lengthwise & the other width wise) and add a note on the top that lists how many letters are in the bundle - this will be a huge help when sorting.
Deadline for your letter submission: November 16th!
A Million Thanks supports our active, reserve, and veteran military by sending millions of letters of thanks and encouragement directly to our service members.