- The CDC has lifted the cruise health notice! They announced that they will no longer advise against traveling via cruise ship due to the coronavirus. They do still recommend that people be vaccinated and be safe.
- Have you received a text from yourself recently? Lots of people are getting texts from their own phone numbers but don’t open it, it’s a scam! Verizon is warning customers of a recent spike in spam texts that look like they're coming from your own number. The text informs you that you’ve paid your March bill and can get a free gift by clicking a link provided. The link takes you to a Russian state-run TV broadcast. Verizon says the best thing to do is to immediately delete the message. Large companies, were recently warned by the Biden administration to be on alert for Russian cyber-attacks
- It is officially Short King spring thanks to Tiktok! The hashtag #shortking has been taking off after a photo of Zendaya who is 5 10 came out of her with her arm around her boyfriend Tom Holland who is 5 8. Also Joe Jonas and his wife Sophie Turner who is 2 inches taller than him. The hashtag #shortking is meant to empower men to feel confident in their height, even if you are shorter than your significant other. The hashtag #shortking has over 330 million views. The phrase “short king spring” skyrocketed during the week of the Oscars. To celebrate short king spring, head to Settings on your favorite dating app and drop the height requirement as low as it will go.
- National Prom Day: This day isn’t about this year’s prom --it’s about proms of the past. The day encourages all generations to share their prom photos on social media. Use the hashtag #nationalpromdayand tag @promgirlxo and @promguytux
- Today is the deadline to apply for the pandemic rent relief program. The program is helping tenants with unpaid rent and utilities owed from April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2022. Eligible residents behind on their rent payments may get up to 18 months of assistance to cover rent debt accrued during the pandemic. Landlords with renters who are behind on their rent can also apply. To qualify, your household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income for their county. The state’s website calculates it while you’re filling out the online application. So how do you apply? You can apply online at housing.ca.gov. or by calling 833-430-2122.
- San Diego grocery workers are preparing to go on strike! Grocery workers from all over San Diego gathered in Mission Valley yesterday where a big sign making event was being held yesterday. Hundreds of signs were made. Negotiations involve Ralphs, Albertsons, Vons, Pavillions and labor unions stretching all along California. Nearly 50,000 grocery workers are affected and they say they are prepping for a work stoappage. Union leaders are looking for a $5 per hour raise over the course of a three-year contract and increased safety standards. The last offer from grocery companies was a $1.80 raise over the course of those three years..No official date has been set for a strike, but it has been voted on and authorized and workers are prepared to picket.
- Skippy is recalling some of their peanut butters because they may contain stainless steel pieces! They are recalling nearly 10,000 cases of peanut butter products. The includes certain SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter Spread and SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein and yes they were sold here in California. PRODUCT RECALLED CODE DATE
- SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 40oz Best if Used By MAY0423 Best if Used By MAY0523// SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter – Club, 2/40oz Best if Used By MAY0523// SKIPPY® Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter, 16.3oz Best if Used By MAY0623 Best if Used By MAY0723 // SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein, 14oz Best if Used By MAY1023. If you have a jar with a different best by date than what is listed above, Skippy said it's not part of the recall. If you have a recalled product, return it to the place of purchase for an exchange or call Skippy Foods Consumer Engagement at 1-866-475-4779, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Central Time.
- A consignment shop here in Sa Diego was ranked the best in the US by Yelp! South Park’s Bad Madge & Co. was ranked No. 1 in a list of the top vintage and consignment shops in the U.S.
Park’s Bad Madge & Co. opened in 2011 and focuses on “vintage and resale items.” You can get everything from furniture to artwork, clothing and collectibles.