Eligibility to get the covid-19 vaccine was expanded on Saturday.
Those now eligible include restaurant workers, teachers, those in the emergency services,child care, food handling and agriculture fields. County leaders are urging people to be patient as you try to get appointments though because there is a limited supply still. Meanwhile, the FDA cleared a third vaccine for use Saturday. Nearly 4 million doses of Johnson and Johnson’s single dose vaccine were expected to ship last night.Meanwhile, the Petco Park vaccination super site is closed today and tomorrow and is set to reopen on Wednesday.
The following employees in the food sector are now eligible to sign up to get a vaccine:
• Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies, convenience stores and other retail that sells food or beverage products and animal/pet food, retail customer support service, information technology support staff, for online orders, pickup/takeout or delivery.
• Workers supporting restaurant carry-out and quick serve food operations, including food preparation, carry-out and delivery food employees.
• Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees to include those employed in food ingredient production and processing facilities; aquaculture and seafood harvesting facilities; livestock, poultry, seafood slaughter facilities; pet and animal feed processing facilities; human food facilities producing byproducts for animal food; beverage production facilities; and the production of food packaging, including recycling operations and processing.
• Employees and firms supporting food, feed, and beverage distribution and ingredients used in these products including warehouse workers, vendor-managed inventory controllers, and blockchain managers.
• Workers supporting the sanitation of all food manufacturing processes and operations from wholesale to retail.
• Workers in cafeterias used to feed workers, particularly worker populations sheltered against COVID-19.
• Workers in animal diagnostic and food testing laboratories.
• Workers essential for assistance programs and government payments.
• Government, private, and non-governmental organizations’ workers essential for food assistance programs (including school lunch programs) and government payments.
See the full list and which eligibility documents are required to get the vaccine at vaccinationsuperstationsd.com.
An Update on the Search For Chula Vista Mom Maya Millette
It’s been more than seven weeks since the Chula Vista mom Maya Millette went missing and now an experienced search and rescue team has joined the hunt. Every week, searches have been held in and around San Diego. Sunday, multiple searches took place. In North County, volunteers first searched Elfin Forest then went to Lake Hodges. Experienced search and rescue groups showed up to help look. Maya was last seen Jan. 7. Her husband said they got in a fight and he left, then when he came home, she was gone. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call CVPD at 619-691-5151 or Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
How Much Less Have You Worn a Bra, Used Deodorant, or Changed Your Socks Since Quarantine Started?
According to a new survey, 34% of people wear a bra less often . . . 16% use deodorant less . . . 8% put on fresh underwear and socks less often . . . and 6% brush their teeth less.
Here are some other results.
1. Wear makeup . . . 63% of people who did it before do it less now.
2. Styling your hair . . . 50% do it less.
3. Wearing a bra . . . 34%.
4. Putting on clean clothes every day . . . 29%.
5. Washing your hair . . . 25%.
6. Showering . . . 17%.
7. Using deodorant . . . 16%.
8. Putting on fresh underwear and socks . . . 8%.
9. Brushing your teeth . . . 6%.
A list came out of what baby names for boys and girls are on track to become popular in the next 10 Years
- Girls - Nellie, Elodie, Anastasia, Margot, Aubrey
- Chester, Levi, Hudson, Eddie, Myles
Are you a double screener?
Do you watch TV while also looking at your phone/tablet/laptop? If so, you are definitely not alone. 90% of people in a recent survey said they watch TV while also concentrating on another screen. 25% of those say they text people about what they’re watching. When was the last time you sat through an entire movie or show without pausing to look at your phone?