- Covid cases in San Diego County hit a two month low yesterday. Health officials logged 10 new deaths and 926 new cases making it the firsttime since Nov. 30 that fewer than 1,000 new cases were reported. Hospitalizations overall are continuing to decline also. The county has received more than 525,600 vaccines, and more than 343,400 have been administered.
- San Diego State has been approved by the state to start vaccinating faculty, staff, and students. The school will begin giving vaccines this week to people on campus who fall within the current phases. Currently, California has only approved Phase 1A (healthcare workers and congregate living facility residents) and the first tier of Phase 1B (individuals 65 and older and those in education and childcare, emergency services, and food and agriculture sectors) to receive the coronavirus vaccine.
- Meanwhile, San Diego Unified School district is pushing to get the vaccines for their teachers and staff. The school board says to get the economy going again, kids must get back to school, which requires teachers get vaccinated to protect them from the virus.
(photo credit: Getty Images)
- Popeye's is Offering Free Chicken Tenders in Honor of the whole GameStop stock market fiasco! Popeye's says that while "tendies" is slang for currency online, it's also a way to talk about chicken tenders-so, they're offering free tendies! All you gotta do is use the one of these promo codes: $GME, $AMC, $BB, or $NOK. For a limited time and at participating locations, customers will get free three chicken tenders for free with an order of at least $5!
- Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away. And are you hoping for a proposal??? If so youbetter have already started dropping hints. According to a recent survey, 54% admit to dropping hints to get their partner to propose. And by hints, they mean A LOT of hints. According to the survey, it takes a 36 hints over eight months to get an official proposal. Pajamas, both sexy and cozy, are a popular gift for Valentine’s Day. And this year -- much like matching family Christmas PJs -- it’s looking like matching Valentine’s Day jammies are going to be all the rage. And just like Christmas PJs, this also includes the family dog.
- Walmart is giving Giving away Free Grocery Deliveries. If you haven't had the chance to have groceries delivered to your home Walmart wants to give you and your family the experience for free all year long. That's right, to celebrate the fact that Walmart delivers, Walmart will waive the delivery fee for the first three times that you use the service. All you have to do is use the code word "delivery" to get the deal. The code is good through January of 2022.
- Subway Has a New Tuna Deal Following Fake Tuna Claims To combat the "fake fish" claims Subway has come up with a deal for al the non-believers. Right now Subway customers can get a 15% discount on any tuna sub that's ordered online or on the Subway app. Despite not saying the deal was a direct comment to the "fake fish" lawsuit, the fact that the promo code is "ITSREAL" seems like a response enough.
- A list came out of the Most Popular Super Bowl Snacks per state! At the top of the list is New Mexico and Washington's love for pizza, while Connecticut and Massachusetts' love for chicken wings comes in second. Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, South Carolina, and Vermont's preference for chili at third, Oklahoma's pulled brisket at fourth, and Rhode Island's snacking of cupcakes at fifth. You can check out the whole list at CBSSports.com and, of course, check out Super Bowl LV this Sunday on CBS. What's your favorite thing to snack on during the Super Bowl?