- A third San Diego County Vaccination Super Station is now open at the Cal State San Marcos Sports Center. The new San Marcos site will be open to the public weekly from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday. They want to build up to being able to do more than 5 thousand vaccines a day. Appointments for this site can be made online at www.VaccinationSuperStationSD.com. The first two sites are at Petco Park and in Chula Vista, and there are plans to add a fourth Super Station to East County in the next week. There are also smaller vaccination sites called “pods” around the county, in areas such as Chula Vista, National City, Imperial Beach and El Cajon By the way, there are LONG lines at these sites so be prepared to wait in line, bring water, sun protection, even chair if you’ll be standing.
(photo credit: Getty Images)
- San Diego gas prices are rising. Gas prices are currently at 3.42 cents which is the highest since last March. The average price has risen 15 cents over the past 20 days. The rising prices are due to some refinery trouble, the impending switch to summer-blend gasoline and the lifting of the state’s stay- at-home orders that increased demand.
- Even though there probably won’t be as many super bowl parties this year, Will Still Eat a Record-Breaking Number of Wings 1.42 billion wings are projected to be at this Sunday. Speaking of Super Bowl parties, health officials are urging people to not organize parties at home and don’t go to Super Bowl parties. However, despite the pandemic, 25% of people say they will go to a Super Bowl party. 64% said they would not and 11% were not sure.
(photo credit: Getty Images)
- Netflix is Raising Its Prices AGAIN! Netflix has raised its prices for all plans. The most popular plan is now going from $13 a month to $14 a month. If you pay for the multiple screens at once, that plan has now jumped to $18 a month! Luckily, if you have the basic plan, your total will stay at $9 a month.
- Do you want to name a Cockroach After Your Ex and Watch it Get Eaten for Valentine’s Day? Well now you can. For people that are feeling a little jaded this Valentine’s Day the San Antonio Zoo is hosting their Cry Me a Cockroach event virtually. What happens is you pay $5 dollars, then they will name a cockroach after your ex and then they will feed it to a bird, mammal, or reptile all on Facebook live. You'll even receive a certificate as proof! The event goes down Facebook live on Valentine’s Day. And if you’re a vegetarian you can choose a herbivore option, and they will feed them to one of their vegetarian animals. You have until February 13 to register on the zoo's website www.sazoo.com. Proceeds benefit going towards zoo expansion.
- TODAY IS:National Get Up Day: A day to remember that even if we fall, we need to pick ourselves back up and give it another shot.