Geena's boyfriend is leaving for one month and he decided to get her a new gift, however, she did not get him a gift!
Frankie's provides some words of wisdom
Plus! Are you smarter than Geena? Listener Jasmine from La Jolla goes against Geena in Smarter Than!
- San Diego County will remain in the red tier on the state watch list. We got evaluated yesterday. Our case rate is 6.8 infections per 100,000 residents, up from 6.5 from last week. The testing positive percentage is 3%, down from 3.5% last week. The California Department of Public Health will update the county’s data next Tuesday. And speaking of covid, according to a new study, Americans are beginning to stockpile food and supplies again. There is a concern that a second wave of the virus will lead to new lockdowns and restrictions. 52 percent of Americans polled said they plan to stockpile things like food and toilet paper again this fall and winter.
- Carlsbad Unified School District families and students rallied outside district headquarters yesterday calling on board members to allow for in-person classes to return. One parent said, “The middle and high school students, they need it just as much as the elementary students. Every day that’s delayed, it’s just causing more damage.” As of Tuesday, only elementary grade levels are being taught on campus for two half-days per week while middle and high school students — at one point, planned to return in mid-October — will remain away at least through January.The school board is scheduled to meet tonight.
- Almost Half of Americans Say They will not Hand Out Candy This Halloween. 46% of people say they won't be giving out candy. 24% said they'll just leave a candy bowl outside their door for trick-or-treaters. And 34% say they will plan to celebrate Halloween as usual. CDC officials have recommended a candy scavenger hunt or hosting a virtual costume party instead of going door-to-door to cut down on the risk of spreading coronavirus. And speaking of the holidays, 23% of people have already started their holiday shopping and 10% say they are going to start sometime this month.
- A Starbucks Holiday Line is Coming to a Store Near You Soon. Move over pumpkin spice, the Starbucks Holiday Line is coming to a grocery store near you soon. That's right, to get you into the holiday spirit the Starbucks Holiday Blend and Peppermint Mocha will be on shelves soon, and this year you'll even be able to pick up the Nespresso pods and brewed coffee cans for the Holiday Blend. The Peppermint Mocha will also be available in K-cups for the first time ever!
- The new iPhone 12 has been unveiled. The big news is that the 12 will work on 5G networks, rivaling newer Android phones. It will be equipped with all-new antennas, and it will actually be thinner and smaller than previous models. It'll run from $699 to $999, and pre-orders start on Friday.
- Today is National Stop Bullying Day.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Photo Credit: Getty Images