Geena the Reporter? Geena becomes our field reporter during the protest but has one issue that she needs to improve.
A listener needs advice on giving a gift to his girlfriends son on Other People's Problem
Plus is it too far to place a tracking device on your significant other's car? Find out what this listener did on Crazy Girl Confessions
- The grand jury indicted 1 officer in the killing of Breonna Taylor yesterday, however it wasn’t for her death. The other two officers are not facing chargers. The one officer was charged with three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment for firing into the apartments of Taylor's neighbors. He could get up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. Immediately protests started all over the country including her in San Diego. Hundreds of people gathered in downtown San Diego yesterday in a call for justice for Breonna Taylor. They started downtown then went up to Waterfront Park then ended back at the downtown police station. Just after 10pm the police declared it an unlawful assembly in response to “acts of violence and vandalism.” People were arrested however we don’t know how many yet.
- Mayor Faulconer announced yesterday a plan yesterday for the San Diego Padres will oversee the development of the Tailgate Park area in East Village, outside Petco park. They are going to transform the space the East Village known as Tailgate Park into the East Village Quarter – which will be a consist of retail, housing, open space, parking, and more, with the Padres as a partner. The area will be between 12th and Imperial avenues and K and 14th streets. The City of San Diego has owned the four blocks since Petco Park was developed. They said they want the space to embody the “live, work, play” vision of the East Village. They spoke about holding neighborhood festivals and farmers markets to help create a feeling of community, turning a parking lot into a neighborhood.
- The Parents of San Diego Unified students are demanding a plan for reopening schools. Families and students gathered outside of the districts offices chanting “Schools are essential.” The protest was organized by a parent group called Reopen SDUSD. They say the district has been silent while other districts in the area are charting courses toward reopening. Some parents say they feel left in the dark about San Diego Unified’s reopening plans. One said, “They didn’t do anything. No one has set foot in the schools. No one has created any kind of barriers, you know getting masks organized, getting donations for sanitation purposes of the classroom — they didn’t do anything.” The district says they’ve spent $45 million on PPE equipment to get ready to reopen.
- New York City will using cautious for the famous New Year’s Eve ball drop. This year’s annual ball drop will be a “virtually enhanced celebration” with “extremely limited” capacity in Times Square. The event’s co-producer said , “The world desperately needs to come together virtually to celebrate the people and things we love and to look forward with a sense of renewal and new beginnings.”
- Coronavirus has officially crossed the line! Some restaurant chains are unable to offer pumpkin spice products this fall. The reason? COVID has made it difficult to launch new products—especially seasonal items. One victim is Einstein Bros. Bagels, who used to offer pumpkin bagels, with pumpkin schmear to match. Still searching for a pumpkin fix? Trader Joes offers tons of pumpkin products and, when in doubt, there’s always Starbucks!
- Yesterday, Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order that will ban the sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035. Newsom said the move is designed to improve the quality of air and to cut down the greenhouse gasses that are creating climate change. He said, For too many decades, we have allowed cars to pollute the air that our children and families breathe. You deserve to have a car that doesn't give your kids asthma. Our cars shouldn't make wildfires worse – and create more days filled with smoky air.
Meghan Markle made a very surprising appearance on America's Got Talent last night.
Take a look at the video to see why she was on there and what she had to say.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Zayn Malik has confirmed that him and Gigi welcomed their new baby girl and his first post is adorable!
Kanye West Says He'll Give G.O.O.D. Artists Back Their Masters
Photo Credit: Getty Images