People in San Diego can take advantage of dump day on Saturday to get rid of large items.
Fox 5 San Diego says Caltrans is holding an event from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Saturday, August 20th at the Caltrans Maintenance Yard (7191 Opportunity Road) in Kearny Mesa.
The event is free and registration is not required, although it is first come first served until capacity is reached.
- Tires (up to 4 per household, must be separated from rims)
- Mattresses (up to 4 per household)
- Household appliances (other than refrigerators/freezers)
- Landscape trimming
- Hazardous waste (batteries, paint, oils, flammables, etc.)
- E-waste (televisions, computers, microwaves, stereo equipment, electronics)
- Construction debris (concrete, dirt, asphalt, asbestos)
- Compressed gas
- Treated wood waste
- Refrigerators, and freezers