A new study has identified the deadliest roads and highways in California.
Using more than 10,000 fatal crashes between 2017 and 2019, MoneyGeek found the single deadliest stretch of road is Interstate 15 through Hesperia, in San Bernardino County.
KTLA says there were 19 fatal crashes on the four miles of I-15 between exits 138 and 129, near the intersection with State Route 138.
The 10 deadliest roads in California, according to MoneyGeek’s analysis, are:
10. State Route 22 through Garden Grove (Orange County)
9. Bear Valley Road between south of Apple Valley (San Bernardino County)
8. Interstate 280 through San Jose (Santa Clara County)
7. Interstate 605 near Norwalk, Cerritos (Los Angeles County)
6. State Route 74 near Menifee (Riverside County)
5. Interstate 215 through San Bernardino
4. Interstate 5 north of Sacramento
3. Interstate 80 in the East Bay
2. Interstate 80 in the East Bay
1. Interstate 15 from Cajon Junction to Hesperia