Jeff Bridges teases 'The Big Lebowski Return. The Dude is BACK!
20 years ago, Coen Brothers' The Big Lebowski was released in theaters and now in 2019, it appears that The Dude, Donny, might be making some sort of a comeback on February 3, 2019! February 3rd just happens to be the same date as the Super Bowl game. Will there be a Super Bowl commercial? There's a very good chance that's all we're gonna get that day. Let's not forget that there was a Crocodile Dundee commercial that also aired last year during the Super Bowl game which turned out to be a commercial promoting tourism to Australia.
Today, Bridges shared a 15-second video (below) that looks like a sequel (or something) is in the works. The Dude is seen, a bit older (obviously) and wearing his infamous sweater walking into a bar while "The Man in Me" by Bob Dylan is playing in the background.
"Can't be living in the past, man," Bridges wrote in the tweet. "Stay tuned."
Here are a few notable quotes and one-liners from the iconic The Big Lebowski movie
- “Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You’re Mr. Lebowski. I’m the Dude. So that’s what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.”
- The Dude: ****Quintana... that creep can roll, man. Walter: Yeah, but he's a pervert, Dude. The Dude: Yeah.
- “The Dude abides. I don’t know about you, but I take comfort in that, knowin’ he’s out there. The Dude. Takin’ ‘er easy for all us sinners.” - The Stranger
- “Donny was a good bowler, and a good man.” - Walter Sobchak
- “Strikes and gutters, ups and downs.” – The Dude
- "It's Sandro, about Biennale." - The Video Artist
- “It really tied the room together.” - The Dude
- “This aggression will not stand.” - The Dude
- “You brought the *****' Pomeranian bowling?”- The Dude