If you've been looking around for hand sanitizer from your local stores lately, chances are, they're all sold out. Luckily, you can easily make some with a few household items.
It's 'corona virus' everything right now, everywhere you look. There are shortages of hand sanitizers and face masks at all the major big box stores such as Costco, Walmart, and CVS.
Luckily, for the fraction of the cost, you can easily make your own germ-killing hand sanitizers from home.
Here's what you'll need:
- bottle (something to store your hand sanitizer)
- aloe vera gel
- rubbing alcohol (91%) or witch hazel
- essential oil for some fragrance (if you're into that)
How to make hand sanitizer
To make the concoction, simply mix:
- 1 part aloe vera gel (25% of your container)
- 3 parts rubbing alcohol (75% of your container).
- Optional: If you want to smell good while using it, simply add a few drops of your own essential oil into it.