Actress and model Amber Heard, 33, admitted during a confession to smashing a door into 56-year-old actor Johnny Depp's head right before 'clocking' him in the jaw.
According to DailyMail.com, Amber Heard admitted to smashing a bathroom door into Johnny Depp's head and then 'clocking' him in the jaw as he stood up from the fall during a taped interview. She then claimed that the punch was a reaction and that she was sorry for it.
Depp's divorce lawyers played the tape during her deposition in their 2016 divorce case. Amber replied saying that "[Depp] was just very dramatic about everything" disputing that it could have been a push rather than a punch.
Here's a brief timeline of their marriage:
- Depp and Heard married on February 3, 2015, at their home in Los Angeles after they met while working on The Rum Diary.
- After 15 months of marriage, Heard filed for divorce due to irreconcilable differences and was granted a temporary restraining order against Depp after Heard's injury pictures hit the tabloids. Despite the injuries, LAPD never found any actual evidence of the crime.
- In August 2016, Depp and Heard reached a $7 million divorce settlement.
- In December 2018, Heard becomes an ambassador for the American Civil Liberties Union which supports women who were victims of domestic violence.
- Later in March 2019, a $50 million defamation suit was filed against Heard where Depp claimed to be the actual victim of violence during their marriage and denies ever physically harming her.
- In January 2020, the hashtag #JusticeforJohnnyDepp trends on Twitter in support of the actor after Daily Mail revealed that Heard admitted to physically hurting Depp.
Photo: US actor Johnny Depp (R) and his wife Amber Heard arrive at a court in the Gold Coast on April 18, 2016. Depp and Heard arrived at an Australian court April 18 over Heard's alleged illegal importation of their two Yorkshire terrier dogs Boo and Pistol into the country in a private jet in 2015, as Depp was in Australia for the filming of the latest Pirates of the Carribean movie. (Photo credit PATRICK HAMILTON/AFP via Getty Images)