WEDNESDAY, JULY 18 (PREVIEW NIGHT)
• 2 Blog 2 Furious, the San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog's annual party. 6-9 p.m. at McFadden's Pub, 731 Fifth Ave. Free and open to the public. More information
• Rotten Tomatoes Press Mixer from 7-10 p.m. at Bar 207, Hard Rock Hotel, 207 Fifth Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required.
THURSDAY, JULY 19
• Wired Cafe - An annual industry and party lounge. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Free and open to the public. More information
• Fandom party. Sponsored by Fox's The Gifted. Food, drinks, games and music from DJ Mark Ronson. 7-11 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock, 207 Fifth Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required
FRIDAY, JULY 20
• IMDboat Party - sponsored by Atom Tickets, hosted by Kevin Smith. Fifth Avenue landing, behind the Convention Center. 7:30-10:30 p.m. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• IGN party. Sponsored by Amazon Studios' Jack Ryan. 8 p.m., Andaz Rooftop, 600 F St. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• BuzzFeed and The CW present Spells and Spirits at Altitude Sky Lounge, 5-8 p.m., 7036, 660 K St. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• Warner Bros. TV cocktail media mixer. 7-9 p.m., Float Rooftop Bar at the Hard Rock 207 Fifth Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required.
SATURDAY, JULY 21
• TruTV's Impractical Jokers block party. Featuring the Tenderloins, special appearances (Joe, Murr, Q, and Sal signing autographs from 4:30PM-6PM), a zipline 3D photo experience, White Castle food truck, DJ and more. 1-9 p.m., the Park at Petco Park. Open to the public, first-come, first-served. More information
• 20th Century Fox TV, FX and Fox cocktail reception. 7 p.m., Craft + Commerce, 675 Beech St. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• Entertainment Weekly's annual star-studded closing night celebration. 9 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock Hotel, 207 Fifth Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• Bill Prady's annual League of Extraordinary Nerds party. 3-7 p.m., Pool Club at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel. RSVP required.
• NBC party. Time, attendees TBA. Gaslamp Square. Invitation only.
Fans will be able to check out the town of Castle Rock's bed and breakfast and experience its vast forest and more. They'll see why Castle Rock is called the unluckiest town on earth as they journey through the multi-room attraction. There is also a Hulu campsite lounge that will be a great place for Comic-Con fans to relax and check out a preview of the Hulu series. Intersection of Front Street and Island Avenue, Thursday-Sunday. More information
Cloak and Dagger
Freeform and Marvel are teaming up to bring to you "The Experience" at Petco Park with two different interactive events. It will feature a bungee that will shoot fans backward in a slow-motion recording. Thursday through Sunday at Petco Park starting at 10 a.m. daily.
FX sets will again be on the lawn of the Hilton San Diego Bayfront for its annual event featuring installations from shows including Legion, Mayans MC, American Horror Story, and Archer. It will include the Legion Chamber and AHS "Eccentricities Gallery, Mayans deconstructed bike zone, Archer sound boxes and more. Fans will need to register in advance at FXSDCC.com. noon-6 p.m., Thursday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Sunday.
Jack Ryan Training Field
Amazon's forthcoming drama will feature a VR experience at the park at the corner of First Street and Martin Luther King Promenade, across the street from the convention center. The 30-foot-tall exhibit will use Optitrack 4D and Oculus Rift tech to help fans experience rappelling from a helicopter and ziplining. 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
Mr. Mercedes Immersive Experience
Play the VR escape room game Mr. Mercedes: Lair Escapeon using the HTC Vive Pro. Mr. Mercedes: Finders Keepers is an augmented reality adventure game where fans can unlock never-before-seen content and special prizes. 643 G St., Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Pre-registration details: att.com/MrMercedesSDCC.
The Purge's Purge City store
USA Network's The Purge will have an activation where "Purge City" staff will help visitors stock up on emergency masks, candles, and energy drinks. Guests will be able to check out product demos, photo ops and get a glimpse of the TV series based on a Jason Blum feature. The event is free and open to the public. 215 Tony Gwynn Drive, Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sunday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Walking Dead's "Dead Quarters"
Fans will be able to experience a curated walk through the flagship drama and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead. There will be a 22-foot zombie slide, photos with Negan's "flaming Lucille" and other activities. Located at Martin Luther King Promenade in front of the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel at Fourth Avenue and L Street. 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday.