The current Powerball jackpot is over $454 million, which could result in a payout of almost $272 million (after taxes) IF you match all six numbers, which means your odds of winner are 1 in 292,201,338.
Although 45 states participate in Powerball, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, California has had its share of BIG winners.
According to the California Lottery, these five locations sold lottery tickets with some of the biggest payout in state history.
- Morro Bay, CA - Albertsons on 730 Quintana Road
The Powerball ticket purchased here resulted in a $600 million prize - one of the biggest payouts in the U.S. lottery history.
- Sacramento, CA - 7-Eleven store on 6571 Wyndham Drive
The Powerball ticket purchased here resulted in a $316 million prize.
- Morena Valley, CA - Sunnymead Liquor on 24121 Sunnymead Boulevard
The SuperLotto ticket sold here resulted in a $13 million prize.
- South Pasadena, CA - G&M Food Mart / Chevron Gas at 1400 Mission Street
The Powerball tickets sold here resulted in a $1.3 million prize.
- Blythe, CA - Valero Gas Station at 14021 West Hobson Way
The Powerball ticket sold here resulted in a $1.2 million prize.
Photo Credit: Getty Images