Well the hot weather is continuing.
Thursday, a Flex Alert will start for Californians. What does that mean? Well basically because the weather is so hot, there will be a surge in energy use. A ton of people will be indoors with the AC on.
So heres what you can do, when a Flex Alert is issued.
- Setting the thermostat to 78 degrees
- Turning off unnecessary lights
- Using large appliances like washers and dryers during off-peak hours
- Close blinds and drapes to keep rooms cool
- "Pre-cool" homes overnight so they don't need as much energy to cool during the day
- Use fans instead of AC when possible