Kramer and Geena have teamed up with The San Diego Blood Bank for a blood drive today and need your help!
This Friday August 9th from 7am - 12pm at the iHeart Media Building.
9660 Granite Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92123
We encouragement sign ups but walk ups are welcome [SIGN UP HERE BEFORE YOU DONATE]
As a thank you for your donation we will have some tickets to The Hornblower
Enjoy the best sightseeing on San Diego Bay! Hornblower's Narrated Cruises feature over 50 San Diego Landmarks and go under the Coronado Bay Bridge! Plus it's 10 degrees cooler on the water! Book your cruise now!
Or you will get hooked up with tickets to the Del Mar Races!
General Requirements for Blood Donation
We know that you would not donate unless you think your blood is safe. However, in order for us to assess all risks that may affect you or a patient receiving a transfusion, it is essential that you answer
each questioncompletely and accurately. If you don’t understand a question, ask the blood center staff. All information you provide is confidential.
To determine if you are eligible to donate we will:
- Ask about your health and travel.
- Ask about medicines you are taking or have taken.
- Ask about your risk for infections that can be transmitted by blood – especially AIDS and viral hepatitis.
- Take your blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
- Take a blood sample to be sure your blood count is acceptable.
All donors should be in good health on the day of donation. To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Weigh at least 114 lbs.
- Be free of major cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Have a photo ID with birthdate.
- Not have a history of Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C at any age.
- Not have had any risk factors/behaviors associated with HIV/AIDS.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility requirements for blood donation please call 800-469-7322, Ext. 8251.
Preparing for your blood donation appointment
It’s easy to share your good health through blood donation. These steps will help you prepare for your donation and ensure the best possible experience:
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Keep to your regular meal schedule, and be sure to eat a healthy meal prior to your donation.
- Drink plenty of fluids (water and/or juice) before and after your donation.
- Make sure you bring verification of your identity – a driver’s license or government-issued ID card – showing your name, photo and date of birth.
- If you are donating platelets, be sure you have avoided taking aspirin for 48 hours before your donation.