Each year tens of thousands flock to MCAS Miramar to take pride in our military, and experience the thrill of flight. In 2018 demonstrations will be given by the: U.S. Navy Blue Angels; U.S. Army Golden Knights; U.S. Navy Leap Frogs; Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning; Boeing AV-8B Harrier II; Bell Boeing MV-22 Osprey; and Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF).
MCAS Miramar serves as home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, including MAG-11’s fixed-wing F/A-18 and KC-130 Hercules squadrons and MAG-16’s MV-22 Osprey tiltrotors and CH-53E Super Stallion helicopters. The support command Marine Air Control Group 38 and the 3rd MAW Band are also located here. The 4th Marine Air Wing, an MV-22 Osprey squadron and H&HS Marine Flight Division’s UC-12 and UC-38 squadrons are here at MCAS Miramar as well.
Security information at the Miramar Air Show
Directions and parking for the Miramar Air Show
Daily Performance Schedule
– NOTE: This schedule is subject to change.
8 – 9 a.m.
- Gates Open to the Public
- Remote Control Flyers and Paramotors
9 – 10:58 a.m.
- Wild Thing
- Kent Pietsch Truck Top Landing
- Sean D. Tucker Two-Ship Aerobatics Featuring Johnny De Gennaro
- John Collver – “Wardog” AT-6 Texan
- Shockwave Jet Truck Speed Record Attempt and Race vs John Collver’s AT-6 Texan
- Jacquie B. Air Shows – Extra 300
- Warbirds Over Miramar
- USMC V-22 Osprey Demo
- USAF U-2 Dragon Lady
11:09 a.m. – 1:40 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies Featuring: U.S. Army Golden Knights and U.S. Navy Leap Frogs Parachute Team
- USMC F-35 Lightning II Demo
- Kent Pietsch Comedy Act
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Demo
1:40 – 1:55 p.m.
- Jon Melby Hangar 24 Pitts Muscle Biplane
- Shockwave Jet Truck Speed Record Attempt #2 and Race vs Jon Melby’s Pitts Muscle Biplane
- FOD Sweepers
2:04 – 2:30 p.m.
- Patriot L-39 Jet Team
2:33 – 3:01 p.m.
- USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Featuring: P-51D Mustang Heritage Flight
3:08 – 3:20 p.m.
- Sean Tucker Solo Aerobatics
3:22 – 4:37 p.m.
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels Featuring: Fat Albert (C-130)
- Show Closes