Night Bright Fashion Event in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- This is a huge fashion event hosted by E News host Giuliana Rancic at Westfield UTC to support the Non-Profit Bright Pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- It’s from 6pm-9pm at Westfield UTC
- They are encouraging everyone to dress in pink to show unity and support for breast cancer awareness and prevention
- Best dressed person will win a meet and greet with Giuliana
- Fashion show, live performance by G.R.L., silent auction, granting one special wish through Giuliana’s Fab U Wish Program
31st annual Carlsbad Rotary Oktoberfest
- Saturday, October 5, 2013, 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- This is a big family event up in Carlsbad taking place at Holiday Park
- It’s free but you can buy a dinner ticket
- Dinner tickets are 10 bucks in advance and 12 dollars at the door and dinner is served until 8pm and includes a traditional German Dinner catered by Carlsbad's own Tip Top Meats, and World Famous Apple Strudel for dessert!
- Lots of fine beers, and wine available as well as non-alcoholic drinks of course
- There will be lots of musical entertainment throughout the day including great dance music, and the famous "Chicken Dance!"
- Lots of stuff for the kids to do..there will be a pumpkin patch and a pumpkin decorating contest, inflatable jumpers, face painting, antique fire truck and much much more!
- FREE Shuttle Bus Service from Westfield’s Plaza Camino Real (SW Corner)
- Local Parking very limited – shuttle buses pick-up and drop-off at 20-minute intervals
- First shuttle picks up at Westfield at 11:30 AM and last shuttle leaves Holiday Park at 10:30PM
5th annual Taste of North Park
- Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- North Park on University Avenue and 30th Street
- 30 tickets in advance 35 there
- Walk along the streets of North Park and taste some food from some restaurants you may have never been too!
- There will also be some craft beer sampling
- For one ticket price you will enjoy over 50 restaurants and 12 specialty brews
- New to the Taste of North Park this year is “Live Acoustic” and “Live Art” sets as your stroll down 30th Street & University Avenue.
- The 2012 Taste of, was a sold out event, make sure to get your pre-sale tickets today.
2nd Annual Rhythm & Brews Music Festival
- Saturday, October 5, 2013, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Historic Downtown Vista on Main Street
- This festival brings together great music, craft brews, and great food!
- There will be a variety of food and beers sure to fit everyone’s taste!
- There will also be the Mother Earth Rhythm & Brews Home Brew Competition
- Admission is $30.00 ($35 day of the event) and will include 10 tastes of the finest craft brews and five bands. T
- ickets are limited, and the public is encouraged to buy tickets in advance.
- A portion of all proceeds from the Rhythm & Brews Music Festival will benefit both the Vista Village Business Association Internship Program, helping provide life changing opportunities for local high school students and the Ecolife Foundation, an international foundation providing ecologically sustainable water, food and shelter to communities through education applied programs. www.ecolifefoundation.org
- A $5 discount will be applied to any online purchases before 9:00am on Saturday
La mesa Oktoberfest
- Friday and and Saturday 11am – 11:30 pm, Sunday 12 – 4pm
- Where…La Mesa Blvd
- This event has gone from a small street fair to a 3-day festival with over 250 vendors!
- Lots of shopping and lots of food!
- Lots of children’s activities, entertainment and of course good old German brats and cold beer
- 2 beer gardens, live music, free admission
Pumpkin festival arts ‘n crafts fair
- When: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Where: Bates nut farm Valley center
- There will be lots of people with booths selling jewelry, woodwork, candles, toys and other crafts.
- Lots of family-friendly activities including hay rides, a straw maze, pony rides, petting zoo, a kids zone, farm zoo and many food vendors.
- There will be live music from noon to 3 p.m. both days featuring lots of local middle schools and high school bands.
- All you can eat pancake breakfast each morning from 7am-10pm for only 6 bucks for adults and 5 for kids. Proceeds benefit local charities.
Get all the latest celebrity and trending news here in San Diego with Geena The Latina!On April 1, Geena will host the 2017 Girls Empowerment Conference. This event is something she has envisioned for YEARS now. It has always been her vision to put together a day of inspiration, motivation, support, and love for teen girls here in San Diego. Last year, Geena was a keynote speaker at the Girls Empowerment Conference at Mt. Miguel High School as well as at the Girls Force USA Leadership Summit. After speaking at these two conferences, it made perfect sense to combine forces to create the ultimate conference for teen girls in San Diego, thus the 2017 Girls Empowerment Conference was born! This year's theme is Confidence and we are so excited to bring you an amazing day of awesome speakers, workshops, and overall positive influence on teen girls here in San Diego. Thank you to all our sponsors for believing in the project and thank you to everyone involved who has helped make this day happen. Thank you to the speakers and volunteers who have generously donated their time to this special day. And a special thank you to the girls from Mt. Miguel High School who are heavily involved in planning the event, spreading the word to other high schools girls, and making sure we are covering topics/issues that are relevant to teen girls right now.
Originally from Los Angeles, now residing in San Diego, Geena the Latina has been a staple on San Diego’s #1 Hit Music Station Channel 933 for 11 years now. Arguably one of the most recognized and beloved radio personalities in San Diego, Geena is currently the female co-host of the “Kramer and Geena” morning radio show. In the summer of 2015, she served as a fill-in for Ellen K on the nationally syndicated “Ryan Seacrest” show on 102.7 KIIS FM Los Angeles. Prior to her current show, Geena served as the co-host of the “Frankie and Geena” morning radio show for five years and before that served as the female co-host on the “AJ in the Morning Show” on KMYI Star 94.1 San Diego and female co-host on KHTS Channel 933 San Diego’s “AJ’s Playhouse.” Geena has quickly become one of the most well-known, recognized radio on-air hosts, being named the “Best Radio Personality in San Diego” in 2014 Ranch and Coast Magazine’s Best of San Diego issue. Her quick-witted, fun-loving personality yet real and brutally honest opinion has quickly made her a fan favorite.
Geena is the go-to girl in San Diego for everything entertainment and pop-culture. She is frequently used by local TV stations as an expert on breaking entertainment stories as well as the go-to expert for local events going on in and around San Diego. On top of her radio duties, Geena has delivered weekly TV segments on “Good Morning San Diego” on KUSI news Channel 9, Fox 5 San Diego, NBC 7 San Diego, and San Diego 6 CW. She has also filmed various TV segments for Nationally Syndicated Talk show The Fab Life as well as for MTVtr3s, NBC LA, LATV, and SITV. Geena has also hosted live red-carpet U-streams for 102.7 KIIS FM Los Angeles Wango Tango and Jingle Ball concerts and has written columns for magazines such as San Diego Magazine, Pacific Magazine, Rego Magazine, and University Connection magazine. In August of 2010, Geena was a semi-finalist in the “Regis and Kelly” search for a co-host “Women in Radio” contest. In September of 2010 and 2013, Geena was a finalist in San Diego Magazine’s annual “Woman of the Year” Awards where they honor women who are highly active in the San Diego community. Geena was also voted as one of the “50 hottest girls in radio” by the popular website popcrunch.com years 2009- 2013 and placed #4 in 2011. She has also been featured in 944 Magazine and Discoversd.com’s “Local Style Spotlight” article.
Before coming to San Diego Geena worked at 102.7 KIIS FM Los Angeles where she served as the red-carpet reporter for “The JoJo on the Radio Show.” At the same time Geena worked for the “Friday Night Party Show” with former Lighter Shade of Brown member ODM. Geena also did “on-site reporting” and “call-ins” for “The Valentine Show” and “The Ryan Seacrest Show.” Geena started her radio career as an intern at 102.7 KIIS FM. She soon got hired on the street team and was eventually discovered by Program Director John Ivey who offered Geena a chance to do on-air content for the station.
Geena has been through more than most in her young life, having had two teenage brothers killed due to gang violence, which is why she has such a strong passion for the inner city youth of her community. She spends her free time visiting local middle schools and high schools inspiring them to become more than what is expected of them. Geena was the first in her family to graduate from a 4 year university and was also the founding president of the first ever Latina-based sorority Sigma Lambda Gamma at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles where she also received a softball scholarship. She has been a member of the National Latina Business Women’s Association, served as an honorary board member for the MANA organization San Diego Chapter and has participated in numerous local charities such as The Boys and Girls Clubs of San Diego, Girls Force USA, The Live Well Project, The San Diego Teen Latina Empowerment Conference, After School All-Stars, AJ’s Kids, Rady’s Children’s Hospital, City of Hope, HBSA SDSU, Swimming Upstream, Jeans for Justice, SDCHC, Mack’s Miracles, San Diego Sports Medicine Foundation, the Lupus Foundation, and many more. She truly loves life and appreciates everything that she has been blessed with.