Contest Name: Circus Vargas Giveaway (the “Contest”)
Station(s): KHTS/Channel 933 (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 9660 Granite Ridge Drive San Diego, CA 92123
Telephone: (858) 292-2000
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin February 22 2013 and end on or about February 24, 2013.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter/Play: Listen to the station this weekend between Friday, February 22, 2013 and Sunday, February 24, 2013 for the cue to call in and be the specified caller (by the DJ/Station) to the Station’s contest line at 619/858/760-570-1933. The correct caller wins the prize described below.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Prize: (4) a four pack of general admission passes to Circus Vargas valid February 21st to April 1st 2013. *Must present at the Circus Box office 60 minutes before show time, subject to seat availability (Approx. prize value $100.00).
Prize provided by: Circus Vargas
Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner fails to pick up a dated prize in time to redeem the benefit, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes can be picked up at The Company business office (address above) between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:30PM only. The Company business office will be closed on weekends, and all major holidays. If you are picking up a prize for yourself, or as a proxy for other winners at The Company business office, you will be limited to picking up for no more than three people total at any given time (per person, per household).
Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by The Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from The Company does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited. If concerts, movie screenings, events or other ticketed sources of entertainment have been awarded as a prize and the concert, movie or ticketed event is postponed, rained out, overbooked or canceled, or for other reasons beyond The Company’s control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
Prize winners must execute and sign the acceptance of rules and regulations form, a W-9, present a clear and readable photocopy of legal documents showing California residence and social security number, and any additionally required forms before a prize may be picked up at The Company business office and/or mailed. If a prize is mailed to a winner at their request, the winner understands that The Company will send it via US Postal Service and is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize cannot be replaced if it is not received by the winner.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents, at least 18-years old as determined by The Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). The age limit could vary from contest to contest as determined by the Station, please refer to each contest’s official rules. Participants and winners must reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. Any entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of any entry forms are not permitted.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.